College Admissions Checklist
- Finalize the college list by making sure it’s a balanced list with reach, target, and safety schools.
- Include an in-state safety school for financial reasons
- Determine which schools offer early action.
- Decide if a binding early decision option at one college makes sense.
- Figure out which of the colleges on your final list are on the common application and which are not.
- Set up accounts on each college’s website
- Prepare a timeline of activity based on each college’s deadline.
- Find out if any of the colleges on your list have separate “Scholarship Deadlines.” They are earlier than the traditional deadlines, and you forfeit your opportunity for scholarship opportunities if you don’t apply by that deadline.